1 a warm tubular covering for the hands
2 (sports) dropping the ball [syn: fumble]
1 fail to catch, as of a ball
2 make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement" [syn: botch, bumble, fumble, botch up, blow, flub, screw up, ball up, spoil, muck up, bungle, fluff, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, bobble, mishandle, louse up, foul up, mess up, fuck up]
- Rhymes with: -ʌf
- A blown cylinder of glass which is afterward flattened out to make a sheet.
- Pubic hair, in most cases referring to that which surrounds female genitalia. Sometimes it refers to the actual vulva.
- A piece of fur or cloth for keeping the hands warm. hence, earmuff.
- In the context of "baseball|slang": An 1800s baseball term meaning an error.
- (chickens)) The feathers sticking out from both sides of the face under the beak; also called "whiskers." Always found in association with a "beard".
a blown cylinder of glass which is afterward flattened out to make a sheet
a piece of fur or cloth for keeping the hands warm
an 1800s baseball term meaning an error
- In American football, to drop or mishandle the ball, especially during a punt or kick-off.
- By extension, to mishandle any situation.
in American football, to drop or mishandle the ball
Muff may refer to:
- Muff (handwarmer), a fashion accessory, usually of fur, for keeping the hands warm
- Earmuffs, a device for protecting the ears
- Big Muff, a famous distortion box
- Melbourne Underground Film Festival
- Muff, County Donegal, Ireland
- Muff (genitals), the external genital organs of the female
- Muff (hair), hair in the frontal genital area
- Muff (chicken), a mutation found in chickens
- Muff (American football), the dropping or mishandling of a loose ball.
People named Muff:
muff in Polish: mufka
bad job, be all thumbs, bevue, blow, blunder, blunder away, blunder into, blunder on, blunder upon, bobble, boggle, bollix, bonehead play, boner, boo-boo, botch, bumble, bungle, butcher, butterfingers, clumsy, clumsy performance, commit a gaffe, dub, duffer, error, etourderie, faux pas, flounder, flub, fluff, foozle, foozler, foul-up, fumble, fumble-fist, gaucherie, goof, goof up, goofball, goofer, hash, hick, louse up, lumber, lummox, lump, mar, mess, miscue, mistake, muddle, muffer, murder, off day, play havoc with, rube, sad work, screw up, slip, slob, spoil, stumble, stumblebum, stumblebunny, trip